Sunday, May 30, 2010

Short stay in Illinois

Okay, I can't see the pictures, but I'll try to comment on what I remember.
Spent our 2nd night & a day off with Sharon's folks who came down from Chicago to see us. Little lake (with ducks) at Fernclyffe State Park.
Some beautiful lakes & farmland on the way to Chester..."Don't mess with IL !" They have Longhorn cattle & Popeye! Oh, & the Mississippi River.

Rate the state-
Roads- poor
Drivers- okay
Hills- manageable
Best birds- more Indigo buntings & 2 hummingbirds

1 comment:

  1. Wow I get distracted and you keep on pedaling out into the heartland. Hope there was good spinach in Chester. Want to say that I camped in Fernclyffe back in the mid 80s...
    Watch the horizon. Artsfest was fun. Isaac and Noah did you proud. Sarah B.

    ReplyDelete